I decided to work in litigation as a young girl. From a young age, many close to me were entangled in the legal system. I quickly learned responsibility, leadership and how to be an advocate for others. These experiences led me to become a defense attorney, to fight for people who are struggling to overcome their pasts and clear the path for the future.
Prior to establishing Ahmed & Sukaram, I graduated from the University of California San Diego with a B.A. in Political Science and a Minor in Psychology. I received my J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2007. I served as a certified legal intern for both the District Attorney's Office of Alameda County and the District Attorney's Office for Santa Clara County and worked as an intern for the San Diego Unified School District Office of the General Counsel.
Currently, I have dedicated my career at Ahmed & Sukaram to protecting and fighting for the rights of others. The majority of my work is in assisting juveniles with delinquency cases and with school expulsion-suspension matters. I am a strong believer that children, even those who make mistakes, have a golden opportunity to achieve their dreams if they are given a chance, shown that they should believe in themselves and put on the proper path.
My goal is not only to be a zealous advocate, but one who is sympathetic and understanding as to the emotional and mental impacts that the legal process can have on you and your loved ones.
Should you have a legal question and wish to retain the services of an attorney, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will do my best to assist you and if I am unable to do so, I will be happy to provide you with some additional resources.
Ahmed & Sukaram
- California, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California
- University of California, San Diego, California
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Psychology
- Juvenile Law: Procedures, Defense Strategies, and Challenges in the Beginning Stages of Detained Juvenile Delinquency Cases
Professional Associations and Memberships
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California Public Defenders Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association