Traffic Violation Attorneys in Redwood City & San Mateo County, California
The debate for most people charged with traffic violations centers on questions such as, "How bad can it be?" and "Will it be worth it for me to get a lawyer?" Every traffic/moving violations case is different. At Ahmed & Sukaram, we gladly provide a consultation to help you decide what to do.
We are well prepared to defend your rights if you have been charged with an offense such as:
- DUI - a charge with consequences that go far beyond what most people associate with a moving or traffic violation
- Felony and Misdemeanor Hit-and-Run, Vehicle Code section 20002
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Vehicle Code section 14601.2
- Vehicle Code section 14601.5
- Vehicle Code section 14601.1
- Vehicle Code section 14601
- Reckless driving
- Wet Reckless, Vehicle Code section 23103.5
- Dry Reckless, Vehicle Code section 23103
- Unlawful exhibition of speed (drag racing)
- Speeding tickets which can have serious consequences for you
A significant part of our law practice is devoted to juvenile law, including handling traffic matters for juvenile drivers.
Fast Action Can Be Critical to Your Traffic Violation Defense
When you are arrested for a DUI you only have 10 days to request a hearing at DMV and a stay on the suspension of your license. If arrested you should immediately call an attorney to help save your driving privileges. Also, when you receive a moving/traffic violation, the time frame to respond is typically short. Paying the fine is the same as pleading guilty - and you may regret this decision once you fully understand the implications on your license, insurance rates and work opportunities.
We understand that your priorities may include avoiding driver's license suspension or obtaining a restricted license for essential driving. We will apply our knowledge of the law, DMV procedures and requirements, and defense techniques to:
- Contest unjust charges in the effort to get them dismissed
- Work to get charges reduced, along with fines and "point values"
Honest, Trustworthy Counsel for Californians and Nonresidents
We will welcome the opportunity to discuss charges against you, criminal juvenile and DMV penalties you face, and possible solutions. If our attorneys cannot accomplish your stated goals or deliver solid value, we will tell you.
Our firm is committed to helping people from all backgrounds, both U.S. citizens and foreign nationals. We serve many Spanish-speaking clients and bring capable translators in if you communicate best in another language. If you are a resident of another state wanting to handle your California traffic matter as efficiently and effectively as possible, we encourage you to contact us today.